Data that the cloud console collects from the Symantec Endpoint Protection clients
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclients
Your use of the cloud console is dependent on Symantec collecting some data from devices that are explicitly enrolled into the cloud console (through the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerinstance that manages the
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient on the endpoint device). Symantec does not analyze or save any traffic generated by devices, except for that generated by the Symantec agent. Such information may include, but is not restricted to:
- Administrators' email addresses
- Cloud console sign-on credentials (user name/password) whereEndpoint Securityvalidates that the administrator has the correct admin password before the cloud authorizes the administrator's access.
- End-user devices
- Device properties such as OS version and model
- Suspicious and malicious file metadata that was downloaded on devices, which includes complete path of the file on the endpoint. The path has the potential of having user name (for example,C:/Users/<user name>/Desktop)
- Security incidents to which each device was exposed
- Firewall rule violations on that device (if firewall is configured)
- IP address of the device
This information is also available to the organization admin through the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerand through the cloud console. The admin has access to information related to security incidents.
Additionally, when you register to our services, you may be asked to provide us with personal contact information, such as name, company name, address, phone number, and email. You may also be required to choose a user name and password. If you acquire paid services, you may also provide additional payment and transactions related personal data.
This collected data will be attributed to you in person only to the extent necessary to provide you or to the organization’s administrator with our services.
Purposes of data processing
Symantec may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To set up, administer and operate the services for organizations subscribed to the services with respect to endpoint devices that are used by their employees and service providers;
- To send updates and notices and provide information related to our services; to improve the administration and quality of experience of our website, products, and services; and to respond to inquiries and requests;
- To enforce the Terms of Service; to collect fees and debts; and to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft, and any misuse of our services;
- To comply with applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies as required, including to prevent imminent physical harm or damage to property;
- To take any action in any case of dispute or legal proceeding between users and Symantec, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with our services.
Symantec enables organizations to manage and secure employee devices from a single administrator account.