Excluding files from Insight scanning based on source URL in the Core server only mode
You can configure Insight scanning to exclude files based on source URLs.
- To exclude files based on based on source URL
- Go to the Symantec Protection Engine installation directory.
- Create a text file and type the source URLs of the files to exclude from Insight scanning. The source URLs of the files to exclude from Insight scanning should be entered one line per entry.Command:xmlmodifier -b //policies/ThreatPolicies/InsightScanning/InsightPolicy/SourceURLExclusionList/items <file name> policy.xmlFor example,xmlmodifier -b //policies/ThreatPolicies/InsightScanning/InsightPolicy/SourceURLExclusionList/items SampleSourceURLs.txt policy.xmlAllowed values:
- Allowed values are valid URLs.
- Maximum allowed entries for this list are 500 and minimum 0.
- Restart the Symantec Protection Engine service.