Enrolling the scanners with the centralized console
To manage your Symantec Protection Engine scanners centrally from the centralized console, you need to first enroll the scanners with the centralized console.
- To download the enrollment script
- in the centralized console, navigate toSettings > Downloads.
- In theDownload Optionsdrop-down list, select the operating system of the computer where Symantec Protection Engine is installed.
- If you have proxy configured in your environment where Symantec Protection Engine is installed, checkEnable Proxy Settingscheckbox. Set the required proxy information like proxy server name, port, username, and password.
- Save the downloaded script.
- Linux -enroll.sh
- Windows -enroll.bat
- To enroll the Symantec Protection Engine scanner with the centralized console
- By default, the Symantec Protection Engine installation directory is:
- Windows:C:\Program Files\Symantec\Scan Engine
- Open command prompt and navigate to the Symantec Protection Engine installation directory. Execute the enrollment script.
A successfully enrolled message appears after the enrollment of the scanner.If you have multiple Symantec Protection Engine installations, you must perform this procedure for every scanner to enroll with the centralized console.
- Linux -./enroll.shExecute the following command to make sure that the enrollment script has appropriate execute permissions:chmod 755 enroll.sh
- A scanner that is enrolled successfully appears under the Unmanaged scanner group on the centralized console by default. However, if you want to enroll the scanner under an existing scanner group in the console, you can select the scanner group while enrolling in Symantec Protection Engine 8.2.To enroll the scanner under a specific scanner group in the centralized console
- Execute the enrollment script with the following option.
- Linux:./enroll.sh -groupname <a name of the scanner group>For example,./enroll.sh -groupname samplegroup
- Windows:enroll.bat -groupname <a name of the scanner group>For example,enroll.bat -groupname samplegroupScanner group name is case sensitive. If the specified scanner group name is not correct, the scanner is still enrolled successfully but appears under the default Unmanaged scanner group.