Importing the scan policy from the scanner
After you enroll a scanner with the centralized console, it is moved to unmanaged scanner group by default. Unmanaged scanner group doesn’t have a policy and all the scanners in this group still have the same scan policy that they had before they were enrolled.
If you have done preserve settings upgrade of the scanner and you want to continue using the same scan policy, you can import the policy of the scanner to the centralized console. You can create a new group, apply the imported policy to the group, and move the scanners into that scanner group.
- To import the policy,in the centralized console, navigate to theStorage>Scanners.
- Click down arrow icon at the right of the scanner row to import the scan policy of that scanner.
- Select a scanner and click the actions menu icon (three vertical dots) at the right side of the scanner row and select "Import SPE policy".
- Provide the name for the policy.
- ClickImport.Scan policy is imported, and will be listed underPolicies>SPE Policies.
- To apply the imported policy,in the centralized console, navigate toPolicies>SPE Policies.
- Hover over an imported policy row and click Up arrow to apply the policy to the scanner groups.
- Select the scanner groups to which you want to apply the policy.