Aliases in CA SSO Realms
An alias is a unique string that is added to the URL for accessing a environment. For example, when the alias of an environment is employees, the URL for accessing that environment is as follows:
aliasis a unique string that is added to the URL for accessing a
Identity Managerenvironment. For example, when the alias of an environment is
employees, the URL for accessing that environment is as follows:
Defines the fully qualified domain name of the server where
Identity Manageris installed.
You specify at least one alias when you create a
Identity Managerenvironment in the Management Console. You may also specify a public alias.
CA SSO uses the environment name to name the objects that protect the environment. For example, when you specify the name
employees, CA SSO creates objects that are named
Where,object_type defines the CA SSO object, such as employees_ims_realm.
The following illustration shows two objects that CA SSO creates:
Update an Alias in CA SSO Realms
If you modify the protected or public alias in the Management Console,
Identity Managertries to update the alias names in the Policy Server. If
Identity Managercannot update the names, you can manually update them in one of the following interfaces:
- For CA SSO Web Access Manager r12 or higher, use the Administrative UI.
- For CA eTrust SiteMinder 6.0 SP5, use the Policy Server User Interface.
Follow these steps:
- Locate the realms for theIdentity ManagerEnvironment.These realms are created automatically (with other required CA SSO objects) whenIdentity Managerintegrates with CA SSO.The realms use the following naming convention:
- Identity Manager-environment_ims_realm -- Protects the User Console.
- Identity Manager-environment_pub_realm -- Enables support for public tasks, such as self-registration and forgotten password tasks. This realm appears only if you have configured a public alias.Note: If you are using the Policy Server User Interface to modify the realm, locate the policy domain (Identity Manager-environmentDomain) for theIdentity Managerenvironment first. The realms are located under the domain.
- Modify the resource for the realm as follows:/iam/im/new_aliasDo not remove the /iam/im/ that precedes the alias in the resource filter.
- Save the changes.
Identity ManagerProperties provide instructions on changing the alias in the Management Console.