Default User Console
The tasks that you see when you log into environment depend on your admin roles. In the following example, the user Jane Green has the User Manager role. She sees categories for the admin tasks that are available for User Managers.
The tasks that you see when you log into
Identity Managerenvironment depend on your admin roles. In the following example, the user Jane Green has the User Manager role. She sees categories for the admin tasks that are available for User Managers.
In this example, Bill Jergen has the Role Manager role. When he logs in to the User Console, he sees a different set of categories that include the tasks that he can use.
This page displays information for the following screen elements:
Tasks, Tabs, and Screens
An admin task is an administrative function performed by
Identity Managerusers. It is comprised of
tabs, which logically group a set of fields or functionality. For example, the default Modify User task includes the following tabs:
- Access Roles
- Admin Roles
- Provisioning Roles
When administrators use this task, they select the appropriate tab to enter profile information, manage roles, or manage group membership.
A tab may be associated with multiple tasks.
The following example shows an admin task with multiple tabs.
Tabs may be associated with a configurable
screen, which determines the appearance and content of the tab. To change a default tab, you can modify the screen that is associated with the tab, or create a new screen.
A screen may be associated with multiple tabs.
List of Default Tabs
Identity Managerincludes the following default tabs for admin tasks.
- Access Role AdministratorsLets you add, view, or remove administrators of the current access role.
- Access Role MembershipLets you add, view, or remove members of the current access role.
- Access Role ProfileDefines the profile for access roles.
- Access Role TasksLets you view a role’s access tasks, or add or remove access tasks. You can select access tasks from different applications.
- Access RolesLets you view, add, or remove the roles for the selected user and view that user’s privileges.
- Access Task ProfileDefines the profile for access tasks.
- AccountsLists accounts in managed endpoints for users who have been assigned provisioning roles. Typically, this tab is added to tasks that allow you to view or modify a user.
- Account TemplatesLets you add, remove, or view account templates associated with a provisioning role.
- Admin Role AdministratorsLets you add, view, or remove administrators of the current admin role.
- Admin Role MembershipLets you add, view, or remove members of the current admin role.
- Admin Role ProfileDefines the profile for admin tasks.
- Admin Role TasksLets you view a role’s admin tasks, add or remove admin tasks, and select admin tasks from different categories.
- Admin RolesLets you view, add, or remove admin roles for a selected user and view that user’s member and administrator privileges.
- Admin Task ProfileDefines the Profile tab for admin tasks.
- AdministratorsLets you add, edit, or remove admin policies.
- ApproversLists all participants who can approve or reject the work item. It also allows reassignment of the work item.
- Approve TaskDisplays information about individual approval tasks in a work list.
- Approve EventDisplays information about individual approval tasks in a work list.
- Certify UserLets you certify or revoke a user’s roles.
- Currently Matched Policies/Policies Already AppliedDisplays the synchronization status for users.
- EventsLets you select and configure a workflow process for each event that the task initiates.
- Execute Explore and CorrelateLets you select an explore and correlate definition to execute.
- Execute Explore and Correlate ProfileDisplays the containers in an endpoint that you can explore or correlate.
- External Tab (ExternalTab)Displays the contents of a URL within the tab in a task.
- FieldsLets you view the fields contained in the task. The fields are the attributes defined on the associated profile screen.
- Group AdministratorsAdds or removes administrators of the current group.
- Group MembershipAdds or removes users as group members or adds or removes nested groups to this group.
- Group ProfileAllows you to define or view the profile of the group.
- GroupsLets you view, add, or remove the groups for a selected user and view that user’s privileges.
- Identity Policy Set OwnersLets you add owner rules, which are rules about who can modify the identity policy set.
- Identity Policy Set ProfileDefines the profile of the identity policy set.
- JSPDisplays custom information. See your system administrator for details.
- Manage System or Orphan AccountsAssigns a global user to a system or orphan account.
- MembersLets you add, edit, or remove member policies.
- Organization ProfileLets you create, modify, or view the profile of an organization.
- OwnersLets you add, edit, or remove owner policies.
- PoliciesCreates or modifies an identity policy.
- Profile (AdminTaskProfile)Lets you define the profile of the admin task.
- Profile (Generic) (ObjectProfile)Lets you define the profile for any managed object.
- Provisioning Role AdministratorsLets you add, view, or remove administrators of the current provisioning role.
- Provisioning Role MembershipLets you add, view, or remove members of the current provisioning role.
- Provisioning Role ProfileDefines the profile of the provisioning role.
- Recurrence TabControls the schedule for when the explore and correlate action should occur.
- Scope (TaskScope)Lets you limit the scope of the task. If the task has no primary object, or if the action is self-modify, self-view, or approve, the Search tab does not appear.
- ScheduleLets you automate the execution of a task at a later date.
- Synchronization SummaryDisplays the synchronization status for users.
- Tabs (TaskTab)Lets you select a tab controller, which determines how the tabs in a task are displayed, and view, add or remove the tabs included in the task.
- User HistoryDisplays a history of all the tasks that are initiated, approved, executed on, and performed by any user.
- Work ListDisplays a list of work items (or approval tasks) that appears in theIdentity ManagerUser Console of the participant authorized to approve the task.
- User ProfileDefines or displays the profile of a user.This tab includes additional functionality, such as generating separate events for password changes, that is specific to user objects.