Authenticate Users Logging in to the Server
When a user logs in to , the server can authenticate each user locally or remotely with a third-party source.
When a user logs in to
Privileged Access Manager, the server can authenticate each user locally or remotely with a third-party source.
To authenticate users locally:
- Navigate toSettings,Global Settings.
- In theDefault Auth Methodfield, selectLocal.
- Add users for local authentication from theUsers, Manage Userspage.
To authenticate users remotely using a third-party, you must configure the server to use that third-party.
PAMworks with the following third-party directories and devices.
- LDAP+RADIUS: Sequential authentication from an LDAP directory and a RADIUS server
- PKI Smart Card Authentication: Smart cards or a browser that is loaded with certificates for authentication.
- RSA: Authentication using an RSA SecurID server
- LDAP+RSA: Sequential authentication from an LDAP directory and an RSA SecurID server
- SAML: SAML authentication usingPAMas one or both of the following providers:
- Identity Provider
- Relying Party/Service Provider
For configuration instructions, select the authentication method you want to use from this list of supported third-party methods.