Device and Device Group Management
The following functions are available for all devices configured for use with :
The following functions are available for
all devicesconfigured for use with
Privileged Access Manager:
Device Record Updates
Editing a Device
To edit the information of a device, select the Device from the
Manage Devicespage. In the device information screen, update the device information as needed, and select the
Copying a Device
The permissions and policies of an existing device can be copied to create a device with the same access.
To create a Device
IDby copying an existing device, select the
Copybutton next to the Device ID intended to be used as a template. A copy of the device information is displayed. Add the required fields and make any appropriate changes. Select the
Savebutton to create the Device. Associations and policies can be changed after the device is created.
Deleting a Device
To delete a particular device, select the Device from the
Manage Devicespage. In the device information screen, select the
Deletebutton and select the appropriate response on the subsequent confirmation screen.
Tags, which are created within a Device create/edit template, are compiled by
Privileged Access Managerinto a list which spans all Devices.
Manage Tagslink to display the
Manage Tagsshadow window. All tags are shown (paginated, if needed) with the number of occurrences in the right column.
- Search tags on theTag Name(alphabetically).
- Sort tags on theTag Name(results list alphabetically) or on#Used(occurrences) (results list from low to high).
Each tag can be edited or deleted in the Manage Tags window (not in the Create Device / Edit Device template). Select the Tag line item to open an editing box.
Manage Groupspage displays all the groups which have been configured.
Servicestab, the following management options are available.
Editing a Service
To change a setting on a service:
- Select theEditbutton next to the service.
An Update service screen appears to allow parameters other than the name to be changed.
To change the
nameof a service:
- UseCopyto clone the service attributes (while allowing the Service Name to be filled in).
- Deletethe original.
Copying a Service
- From the list inServices,Manage TCP/UDP Services, open the record of an existing Service.
- At the bottom of the record, select theCopybutton.A new record is created, populated with a copy of the original Services information except for the Service Name.This new record opens immediately below the record of the copied Service. The record of the copied Service is closed. To confirm this, look at the Service list above the new record editing pane. It should show the line item of the original Service.
- Enter (the required) Service Name for the new Service. Edit other fields as desired, and select theSavebutton to create the Service.
Deleting a Service
Select the checkbox next to the service, and select the
Deletebutton at the bottom of the screen. The Service is immediately removed, and the remaining Service list appears.