The first time that you access Manage Devices, you see an empty-list page view. The page is labeled "Unfiltered" because the list (initially empty) is shown without filters that are applied. See for information about filtering.
Privileged Access Manageradministrator, you can view a list of Device records on the
Initial Unfiltered View
The first time that you access Manage Devices, you see an empty-list page view. The page is labeled "Unfiltered" because the list (initially empty) is shown without filters that are applied.
See Filtered Views for information about filtering.
Manage Devicesmenu, all current devices (initially) appear in alphabetical order by Device Name. You can also sort the list by clicking on any of the displayed field names: Name, Address, OS, Description, or Location; or by applying filters.
Global Settings, Default Page Size determines how many Devices are listed on each Manage Devices page. If there are more Device records than this value, the Manage Device list is paginated, with navigation controls at the bottom of the page.
Searchfunction in the upper-right corner of the page body performs the following actions:
- Accepts a non case-sensitive string
- Matches the string to the beginning of the Name field across all Device records
- Replaces what was an Unfiltered list with a new list. The new list is labeled "Filtered"
Fields Available for Filtering
When the Search box is clicked, a set of three pop-up windows appears at the right under the Search field. Each window contains a list of the unique values (in alphanumerical order) for each of the following Device record fields:
- Device Type
- OS (Operating System field)
If no item is selected, no value is filtered against that field, so all records are shown. Selecting a value in the field, however, filters the set of Device records against that value. Only those records with the selected value are (immediately) shown in a revised list. If multiple values are selected, records that match any of the selected values is included.
Any combination of the checkbox selections or strings from each Device field list can be selected for any particular search. For string selections in
- To select asequenceof values in one category: Select the first entry, then while holding theShiftkey, select the last entry.
- To select any combination ofindividualvalues in one category: Select one entry after another while holding theCtrlkey.
The filtering that you apply can be saved as a View, and used either by default or selected from a menu.
- After applying desired list filtering, near the top left (to the right of "Unfiltered"), selectSave as View. TheSave Viewpop-up window appears.
- Specify a label (View Name) to use.
- SelectSet as Defaultif you want the Manage Devices page to open to this view by default.
- SelectSave New View.
The view is relabeled to the saved view name, and the view can be selected at any time from the
My Viewsmenu to the left of the Search box.