Upgrade an Apache-based Agent on UNIX/Linux
Ensure LD_PRELOAD Variable Does Not Conflict with Existing Agent
If you are upgrading or reinstalling a Web Agent on a Linux system, from the shell, set the LD_PRELOAD variable so that it points to a different location from any existing Web Agent installation directory. For example, if an existing LD_PRELOAD entry is set to:
Before you reinstall or upgrade, set the variable to:
This entry sets the variable to a blank value.
Source the Environment Script on UNIX and Linux Operating Environments
If you are upgrading a Web Agent on a UNIX or Linux system, source the environment script that is available in the following directory:
- CA Single Sign-On6.0web_agent_home/nete_wa_env.sh
- CA Single Sign-On12.0 and laterweb_agent_home/ca_wa_env.sh
- web_agent_homeIndicates the directory where the Agent is installed.Default: /opt/ca/webagent
Run the Installation Wizard to Upgrade your Agent on UNIX/Linux
The installation program for the
CA Single Sign-Onagent installs the agent on one computer at a time using the UNIX or Linux operating environments. This installation program can be run in wizard or console modes. The wizard and console-based installation program also creates a .properties file for subsequent installations and configurations using the unattended or silent method with the same settings.
For example, suppose the Agents in your environment use the same web server version, installation directory, Agent Configuration Object and Policy Servers. Use the installation wizard or console-based installation program for your first installation. Afterwards, you could create your own script to run the installation program with the .properties file the wizard or console-based installation program created.
Follow these steps:
- CopyCA Single Sign-Onagent installation executable file to a temporary directory on your web server.
- Log in as a root user.
- Dooneof the following steps:
- For wizard-based installations, run the installation executable file.
- For console-based installations, open a command-line window and run the executable as shown in the following example:executable_file_name.exe -i console
- Use the information from your agent Installation worksheet to complete the installation program.
Set the Library Path Variable Before Configuring your Upgraded Agent on UNIX/Linux
Set the library path variable on UNIX or Linux systems before running the agent configuration program.
The following table lists the library path variables for the various UNIX and Linux operating environments:
Name of Library Path Variable
Set the value of the library path variable to the
- agent_homeIndicates the directory where the Agent is installed.
Configure your Upgraded Agent on UNIX/Linux
After gathering the information for your agent configuration, run the agent configuration program. This program creates an agent runtime instance for the web servers running on your computer.
This configuration program is wizard or console based, depending on the option you select. Running the configuration program in the wizard or console mode once creates a properties file. Use the properties file to run unattended configurations on other computers with same operating environment in the future.
Follow these steps:
- Open the following directory on your web server:web_agent_home/install_config_info
- web_agent_homeIndicates the directory where theCA Single Sign-OnAgent is installed.Default(UNIX/Linux installations): /opt/ca/webagent
- Useoneof the following configuration methods:
- For a GUI-based configuration, go to Step 3.
- For a console-based configuration, go to Step 5.
- Run the following executable file:ca-wa-config.bin
- Go to Step 8.
- Open a Command Prompt window with root privileges.
- Navigate to the executable file listed previously, and then run it with the following switch:-i console
- Go to Step 8.
- Follow the prompts shown in the configuration program. Provide the requested values from your agent configuration worksheet.The agent runtime instance is created for your web servers.