Configuring Administrative Journal and Event Handler
Administrative Journal and Event Handler Overview
The Policy Server Administrative Journal can be configured to specify how often administrative changes are applied to the Policy Server and how long the Policy Server maintains a list of applied changes.
Event Handlers are shared libraries that can be added to the Policy Server to handle certain events.
Configure Advanced Settings for the Policy Server
Follow these steps:
- Start the Policy Server Management Console.casso10On Windows Server, if User Account Control (UAC) is enabled open the shortcut with Administrator permissions. Use Administrator permissions even if you are logged in to the system as an Administrator. For more information, see the release notes for yourCA Single Sign-Oncomponent.
- Click the Advanced tab.For more information about the settings and controls on this tab, click Help, Management Console Help.
- Adjust the settings presented in the Administrative Journal group box to configure how often administrative changes are applied to the Policy Server, and how long the Policy Server maintains a list of applied changes.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Add Event Handler Libraries
You can add additional event handler libraries to the
CA Single Sign-OnPolicy Server.
If you do
nothave write access to the
CA Single Sign-Onbinary files (XPS.dll, libXPS.so, libXPS.sl), an Administrator must grant you permission to use the related XPS command line tools using the Administrative UI or the XPSSecurity tool.
Follow these steps:
- Open a command line on the Policy Server, and enter the following command:xpsconfigThe tool starts and displays the name of the log file for this session, and a menu of choices opens.
- Enter the following:xpsA list of options appears.
- Enter the following:5 (AuditSMHandlers)The settings for the event handler libraries appear.
- Type C, and then enter the path and file name of the event handler library you want to add. Separate multiple library locations with commas.The settings for the event handler libraries appear. The value you added is shown at the bottom of the settings as a "pending value."
- Do the following:
- Enter Q twice.
- Enter L.
- Enter Q to end your XPS session.