You can complete a parallel upgrade from Release 12.5x or later to Release 12.7. For information about the components that are available for upgrade, see .
You can complete a parallel upgrade from Release 12.5x or later to Release 12.7. For information about the components that are available for upgrade, see Complete the Upgrade Prerequisites.
CA Single Sign-On12.7 documentation does not contain information on upgrading from Release 12.0 to Release 12.7 as
CA Single Sign-On12.0 has reached its End of Service before the release of
CA Single Sign-On12.7. However, several customers could successfully upgrade from Release 12.0 to Release 12.7 using the Release 12.6.01 upgrade information. If you are using Release 12.0 that has an extended support contract and would like to upgrade to Release 12.7, contact CA Support for assistance that is consistent with your extended support contract.
Before you begin a parallel upgrade, review the following information:
Parallel Upgrade Overview
The following figure illustrates a simple parallel upgrade with the following details:
- An existing environment that continues to protect existing resources.
- An existing Administrative UI that manages objects in the policy store.
- A new environment that protects new resources.
- A new Administrative UI that manages objects in the new policy store.
- A common key store. The common key store enables single sign-on between both environments.
Though not illustrated, you can enable single sign-on between both environments using multiple key stores.
Order of Parallel Upgrade Tasks
Complete the following procedures to configure a parallel environment:
- Correct integrity errors in your policy store.
- Review Policy Server and Agent key management options. Ensure that both environments meet the common key store or multiple key store single sign-on requirements.
- Install and configure the new 12.7 environment. Default policy objects are installed automatically.
- Migrate the 12.5x or later policy store data.
The following figure shows every stage of a parallel upgrade. Click on each stage heading to go to each procedure.
The links to each stage of the parallel upgrade process are:
Optional Preparation: Correct Policy Store Integrity Errors Before Migrating
Stage One: Duplicate an Existing Policy Store Instance
Stage Two: Select an SSO Key Store Option
Stage Three: Install and Configure the Parallel Environment