Exporting and importing configuration settings
VIP Enterprise Gateway, you can use the Export and the Import features to transfer the configuration settings from one instance of
VIP Enterprise Gatewayto another. Typically, this feature helps you maintain identical configuration settings on all
VIP Enterprise Gatewayinstances in your environment.
You can use the
Exportoption to export the configuration settings to the
VIP Enterprise Gatewayserver. The exported configuration settings are saved as a
VIP Enterprise Gatewayprovides you the option to encrypt this
.zipfile using a password, if required. You also have the option of downloading a checksum file with the exported configuration settings. Provide this checksum file when importing the configuration settings file to verify the integrity of the configuration settings file.
Export Settings exports configuration settings for the following:
- User Stores
- Health Check Settings
- Registration Email settings
- Syslog and Common Event Format settings
- Self Service Portal IdP
- VIP Manager IdP
- SMTP Server settings
- LDAP Directory Synchronization (Export Settings does not export the saved configuration settings file)
- Automatic Business Continuity
- Validation Servers, including Tunnel Forwarders, Tunnel Receivers, and all the Validation servers modes
Export Settings does not export the following:
- VIP Enterprise GatewayConsole Settings. You must configure the Console Settings in the newVIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance to point to the host where you are importing the configuration settings. For procedure on exporting configuration settings, refer to theVIP Enterprise Gatewayonline Help.
- SSL certificates for the Console, VIP Manager IdP, and SSP IdP. As theVIP Enterprise Gatewayadministrator you must create these new certificates on the targetVIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance if it is to be configured to use HTTPS.