Importing configuration settings
VIP Enterprise Gatewayallows you to reuse the configuration settings among the same version and cross-version from 9.8.4 onwards. You can export the configuration settings from one
VIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance and import the settings to the other instances.
- To importVIP Enterprise Gatewayconfiguration settings:
- In the Configuration Console on theVIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance where you want to import the configuration settings, clickSettings > Import Settings.
- In theImport Settingspage, clickImport. If any configuration settings are already present in the newVIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance, they appear here. However, you cannot select those settings to import to the newVIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance.
- In theImport Configurationspanel, clickBrowseto locate the ZIP file that contains the exported configuration settings.If you downloaded the checksum file, click Browse to locate the checksum file. Otherwise, clickSkip Checksum.
- The configuration settings that you can import to your targetVIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance are listed on the left. The configuration settings that are already present in the targetVIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance are listed on the right.De-select any configuration settings on the right that you do not want to import to yourVIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance. LiveUpdate settings are always imported, even if these setting are configured in the targetVIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance.
- After the settings have been imported, clickFinish.
- Once the import process is complete, Symantec recommends you to run thevipdiagnostictool to resolve any unexpected connectivity issue inVIP Enterprise Gateway. See theSymantec, available online at the Broadcom TechDocs portal, for details on theVIP Enterprise GatewayInstallation and Configuration Guidevipdiagnostictool.To import the configuration settings to aVIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance:
- Navigate toSettings > Import Settings.
- Browse and select the file to be imported. If you downloaded a checksum file with the export settings file, browse to the checksum file.
- Select the configuration settings to be imported.
- Same version import - You cannot import the settings that are already existing in theVIP Enterprise Gatewayinstance. These settings will be displayed as read-only on the Import Configuration panel during an import.
- Cross-version import - After you configure a new instance ofVIP Enterprise Gateway, you can import the configuration settings from an existing instance ofVIP Enterprise Gateway.VIP Enterprise Gateway9.9.1supports cross-version import from 9.8.4 onwards. If you already have CA certificates on the existing instance ofVIP Enterprise Gateway, these CA certificates will be overwritten during the import. However, you cannot restore any components configured inVIP Enterprise Gateway9.9.1after performing the cross-version import. All the existing settings will be replaced after the import.
- ClickFinishto complete the import of the configuration settings.