Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.3.1 Maintenance Pack 1 Release Notes
This topic includes the following sections:
What's new in this release
The Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.3.1 Maintenance Pack 1 release includes new features, usability improvements, and fixes for various customer-reported issues. Details are as follows:
- Extended support for the Login Attempts feature to the Drive Encryption Self-Recovery users on UEFI systemsAdministrators can also configure a maximum number of repeated login attempts and the duration of the lockout period for Drive Encryption Self-Recovery users on UEFI systems. To configure, administrators can use theLimit Loginattemptsoption from the Password Authentication page of the Management Agent. Starting from this release, thePassword Attemptssection and theLimit password attemptsoptions are renamed asLogin AttemptsandLimit Login attemptsrespectively. For more information, see Management Agent - Password Authentication and Using Drive Encryption Self-Recovery.
- Restricted users from uninstalling the Symantec Endpoint Encryption clientStarting from this release, administrators may configure theAllow Client Uninstallation for SYSTEM User onlyAdvanced Settings option to allow only the SYSTEM user to uninstall the Symantec Endpoint Encryption client. For more information, see Management Agent - Advanced Settings.
- Enhanced compatibility with Microsoft Windows cumulative updates (UEFI)Updated Symantec Endpoint Encryption to work correctly with the recent Microsoft Windows cumulative updates for Windows UEFI systems.
- Updated the default settings of the BitLocker Encryption Method optionsStarting from this release, the default settings of the BitLocker
For more information, see BitLocker - Encryption and Authentication.
- AES encryption strength is set to 256-bit
- Encryption mode is set to XTS-AES
- Reorganized Symantec Endpoint Encryption ReportsThe Symantec Endpoint Encryption Reports are now grouped by the following Symantec Endpoint Encryption components:
For more information, see Viewing reports in the Management Console.
- Management Agent Reports
- Drive Encryption Reports
- Removable Media Encryption Reports
- Management Server Reports
- Custom Reports
- Renamed the Advanced Settings optionsFor better usability, the Advanced Settings options are renamed as follows:
Previously known as
Client Admin Privilege (AD User Group)
Allow Autologon Management for SYSTEM User
Platform Config Registers (PCR) Values
Preboot Auto Shutdown Timeout
Allow SSO with Hibernation
Allow Client Uninstallation (AD User Group)
The following issues have been fixed in this release of Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.3.1 Maintenance Pack 1 (MP1):
- [EPG-22101] When Symantec Endpoint Encryption users log in to their Windows account using their re-keyed smart card, users are now re-registered automatically.
- [EPG-22718] On a Windows 10 computer encrypted with Symantec Endpoint Encryption, when the keyboard layout is set to Canadian French, the setting is now applied successfully.
- [EPG-20316] The Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Agent service no longer crashes when a GPO policy of a client computer gets corrupted.
- [EPG-21941] If users experience file corruption issues while burning files using the Symantec Removable Media Encryption Burner Application, then administrators can use theEnable Alternate File Writing Method for CD/DVD BurnerAdvanced Settings option to resolve the issue. For more information on the Advanced Settings, see Management Agent - Advanced Settings.
- [EPG-22024] The name of the release, which is displayed on the user interface of the following Symantec Endpoint Encryption components, now includes the release type, such as Hotfix (HF) and Maintenance Pack (MP), along with their version; for example, Symantec Endpoint Encryption Version 11.3.1 (Build 518 MP1):
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Agent Console
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption Client Administrator Console
- Drive Encryption Administrator Command Line (when the --version command is used)
There are no known issues in this release of Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.3.1 Maintenance Pack 1 (MP1). For information on the known issues of Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.3.1, which are also applicable to this release, see the Known issues section in the Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.3.1 Release Notes.
System requirements, installation, and upgrade
For an updated list of system requirements for various Symantec Endpoint Encryption components, see System Requirements for Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.3.1.
For information on the installation of Symantec Endpoint Encryption, see the Symantec Endpoint Encryption Installation Guide 11.3.1.
For information on upgrading Symantec Endpoint Encryption, see the Symantec Endpoint Encryption Upgrade Guide 11.3.1.