Back Up and Restore
To back up and restore system settings go to
Utilities > Configuration. See Archive or Restore the System Configuration.
Backing Up and Restoring Base Images
Once you have installed a base image on
Content Analysis, it does not change, even after you create iVM profiles based on that image. Therefore, backing it up needs to occur only once. You can create a back up using one of these methods:
- OnServices > Sandboxing > Symantec On-box SandboxingclickManagefor the base image and then clickExport Base Image.
- Use the "Download Windows Base Image" RAPI/system/vm/bases/.<vmb_id>/bin
Documentation for the RAPIs is available.
To restore a backed up base image use one of these methods:
- OnServices > Sandboxing > Symantec On-box SandboxingclickImport previously exported base image. See Add Windows Base Image.
- Use the "Upload Windows Base Image" RAPI/system/vm/bases/post.
Backing Up and Restoring iVM Profiles
After you have finished configuring an iVM profile you can create a back up using one of these methods:
- Use the command.
- Use the "Export iVM Profile" RAPI/system/vm/profiles/export.
To restore a backed up profile you must first restore the base image on which it depends, and then use one of these methods to restore the profile:
- Use thema-actions profiles imports downloadcommand.
- Use the "Download Exported iVM Profile" RAPI/system/vm/profiles/export/.<vme_id>/bin