Schedule the Execution of a Configuration Script
A script is a set of configuration commands, stored in a single text file. When you want to execute the same script on multiple devices, you can create the script once in
Management Centerand then execute it on all devices on which you want to put that configuration. To accomplish this goal, you create and test the script on a single device, and then create a job to execute the script on selected targets.
Before You Begin
Schedule Script Execution
When you have completed the tasks in Before You Begin, you are ready to create a job to execute the script on multiple devices.
- SelectJobs > Add > New Job.
- On theAdd New Jobpage, selectExecute Script.
- ClickAddto select one or more scripts to execute.
- Runs ondisplays the compatible devices the script can run on.ProxySGscripts can run on Advanced Secure Gateway (ASG) appliances, but ASG scripts will not run onProxySGappliances. Therefore, if you include one ASG script and oneProxySGscript, the system displays only ASG targets.
- If you selectContinue on Fail, the job will continue to run even if that script execution fails.
- Continue on Warningis selected by default.
- Select theDevicesorGroupstab.
- Add multiple devices or device groups by selecting the check box next to the names of devices or device groups.
- Targets are filtered based on the operations that are chosen. That is, if an operation does not apply to a device, the system does not display those devices.
- If you select a device group, when the job runs it filters out any devices that do not support all of the selected operations.
- All selected targets appear inSelected Targets.
- Job Results:
- (Optional)—ClickEmail resultsand select the condition. Then, enter the email address(s) of the recipient(s).
- Schedule:ScheduleUseSchedulewhen you want to run the job now or trigger the job execution at a specific time.
See also Job Scheduling Options.EventUseEventwhen you want to trigger the job execution when something happens, such as adding a device to a specific group. You can select one or more of the following events:
- Immediate—automatically runs the job after it is created
- No Schedule—no specific time or day is specified; when you are ready to run the job, use theRun Nowbutton to manually execute the job
- Run Once Only—specify the date and time to run the job
- Periodic—runs the job everyxnumber of minutes, hours, or days, starting at the specified time and date
- Daily—runs the job every day at the specified time
- Monthly—runs the job once a month on the specified day of the month and specified time of day
If you select more than one event type, the job runs ifanyof the conditions are met and the device is an appropriate target. See note below.
- Device added toManagement Center
- Device added to Group
- Device removed from Group
- Verify or change the name and add an optional description.
Management Centerruns the script execution job, confirm that the script was executed on the target devices.