You can execute any script that is saved in Management Center in the Script Object list. Before executing a script, you can Preview a Script With Variables Replaced. This shows the script variables without committing them to a device and inadvertently causing a device configuration to change.
Scripts are automatically assumed to execute in configure mode on the ProxySG appliance. For scripts that use commands not in configure mode, exit configure mode before executing the script. Licensing commands are the exception, and cannot execute in configure mode. Example:
;;exit configure mode
;;re-enter configure mode
Execute a Single Script
Direct from a Script
- SelectConfiguration > Scripts.
- Select a script object and then clickEdit.
- To execute the script, clickExecute on Device.
- Select a target device or device group. ClickExecute.
- SelectEditand click theEditortab. At times, administrators with the correct privileges want to execute a script immediately after updating a script. While in the rich text editor ensures that all edits have been saved and clickExecute on Device. Select the deviceTargetand clickExecute.Each time you start a job manually, theManagement Centerdisplays a Job Progress dialog. To run the script in the background (no window) while you perform other tasks, clickContinue in Background.
From a Job Operation
(Optional for all script executions) While the Job Progress dialog displays the script executing, click
more detailsto view the
Download as Text, or