This topic describes how to install a license onto a managed device.
Install Licensejob to install a license to a managed device. This job requires that the license is available in the Management Center file store. You can retrieve device licenses from Broadcom's license server or upload them from a local device.
This job is supported only for Blue Coat ProxySG appliances, Advanced Secure Gateways, Integrated Secure Gateways, and Content Analysis devices.
- SelectJobs > Add > New Job.
- On theAdd New Jobpage, selectInstall License.
- Select theDevicesorGroupstab.
- Add multiple devices or device groups by selecting the check box next to the names of devices or device groups.
- Targets are filtered based on the operations that are chosen. That is, if an operation does not apply to a device, the system does not display those devices.
- If you select a device group, when the job runs it filters out any devices that do not support all of the selected operations.
- All selected targets appear inSelected Targets.
- Job Results:
- (Optional)—ClickEmail resultsand select the condition. Then, enter the email address(s) of the recipient(s).
- Schedule:Choose to trigger job execution using a Schedule or an Event.ScheduleUseSchedulewhen you want to run the job now or to execute the job at a specific time.
See also Job Scheduling Options.EventUseEventwhen you want to trigger the job execution when something happens, such as adding a device to a specific group. You can select one or more of the following events:
- Immediate—automatically runs the job after it is created.
- No Schedule—no specific time or day is specified; when you are ready to run the job, use theRun Nowbutton to execute the job.
- Run Once Only—specify the date and time to run the job.
- Periodic—runs the job everyxnumber of minutes, hours, or days, starting at the specified time and date.
- Daily—runs the job every day at the specified time.
- Monthly—runs the job once a month on the specified day of the month and specified time of day.
If you select more than one event type, the job runs ifanyof the conditions are met and the device is an appropriate target. See the following note.If a device cannot be a target for a job (for example, a Content Analysis device in aCollect Sysinfojob), it is ignored.
- Device added to Management Center
- Device added to Group
- Device removed from Group
- Verify or change the name and add an optional description.