SymDiag Application For WSS Agent on Windows
WSS Agenton Windows
SymDiag is a
WSS Agentdiagnostic application. It gathers debugging, troubleshooting, and trace log information that Symantec Technical Support can analyze to assist you in remedying connection issues.
This section describes how to run the SymDiag application. Most issues can be traced and gathered without requiring a reboot. However, debugging
WSS Agentstartup process issues requires additional advanced debug logging steps, as outlined in the procedure.
- Obtain the SymDiag application from the link in the Symantec KB article.
- Put the SymDiag application on the test system. You can run SymDiag from any location on the local system. The process does not install anything.
- On the Windows desktop, double-click theSymDiag.exeicon.SymDiag checks for available updates, installs them, and provides you with a license agreement. Accept the EULA to continue.
- The system displays the application.ClickCollect Data for Support.
- Verify thatWSS Agentis selected.
- If theWSS Agentis installed, this option should be automatically selected in theInstalled Productsarea.
- If you are debugging installer issues, selectWSS Agentin theOther Productsarea.
- Collection options.
- UnderData Type, verify thatLimited data for Supportis selected.
- (Optional) Symantec Support might have asked you to provide additional files, such as a packet capture (PCAP) or screenshots of an issue. SelectChoose additional files to collect. The app displays a screen from which you can browse and attach the files.
- Startup/Reboot Diagnostic Issues Only—In theDebug Loggingarea, clickAdvanced.
- Click theWPP reboot onlypreset.
- In the resulting dialog, clickOK.
- ClickNext, which begins the tracing procecss.
- Startup/Reboot Diagnostic Issues Only—If you selected the reboot preset inStep 4.c, the application prompts you. SelectEnable and reboot. After the system reboot, do not proceed until SymDiag also restarts.
- Debug logging/tracing is now active. Perform the steps to reproduce theWSS Agentissue. You must leave this SymDiag screen open until you have fully reproduced the issue.After you reproduce the issue, clickNext.
- Send to Symantec.
- If you have a current Support Case for this issue, selectOpen or Update a Support Case.Log Inand complete the process.
- Save the.sdbzfile locally. Exit SymDiag and send the file to your Support Contact.