Currently, Broadcom/CA offers Download Manager (DLM) Classic or Enhanced as options for downloading our products and solutions, as well as FTP and HTTP Browser. As of April 5 2019, the DLM method for downloading software products and solutions will be removed. The reason for this change is the Vendor is discontinuing the function.
CSM/MSM is the recommended method for downloading mainframe products and solutions; Receive Order is recommended for downloading mainframe solutions. They will be unaffected by this change. Find more information here:
As of April 6, FTP and HTTP Browser may be used for software downloads.
· FTP can be used for individual downloads as well as orders and zipped files.
· HTTP Browser can be used only for individual item downloads.
· The HTTP Browser option will not be available for downloading orders and zipped files.
In June, we plan to transition to a new third-party tool for downloads. At that time, both HTTP Browser and FTP will be available for BOTH individual item downloads and orders/zipped files.
Those who normally use the DLM option for downloads are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the FTP and/or HTTP Browser download options prior to April 5. If the FTP option is not permitted, the following workarounds may be helpful during the period between April and June:
· Use the HTTP Browser option to download individual packing list items for products, or individual solutions, one by one.
o Note: Solutions downloaded individually will not use the chaining function, which will include all pre-reqs and co-reqs with the solutions.
· Ask a Broadcom/CA Customer Assistance or Product Support representative to download orders via FTP on your behalf. The zipped file would then be attached to a support case to allow you to access your order.
· Request your company’s network administration to allow FTP access.
Please contact us via our toll-free phone numbers or open a support case if you experience problems or require our assistance.